- Appeared on Garrison Keillor’s award winning NPR series, A Prairie Home Companion,
- Brought in the millennium as the only guest artist of the Boston Pops at Symphony Hall.
- Performed at the 2001 Playboy Jazz Festival at the Hollywood Bowl.
- Headlined worldwide at concerts, jazz festivals and performing arts centers
- Seen on television’s Entertainment Tonight, PBS’s Jazz From New Orleans; Joan Lunden's Everyday, featured vocalist on American Public Radio's Riverwalk, Live From The Landing, and is highlighted in the first chapter of Charles Kuralt's book Charles Kuralt's America.
- Toured Europe with the legendary cornetist Wild Bill Davison. Performed abroad with her band in Germany, England, The Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Japan, and in Australia
- Lead a 7 piece jazz band in New Orleans working full time for over 12 years
- Performed with over 70 symphony orchestras
- New Orleans Magazine’s 2007 Jazz All Star Vocalist
From her Boston Pops appearance:
“Banu Gibson and the New Orleans Hot Jazz are a class act from beginning to end: great charts, great musicians, and a great show." -
Keith Lockhart, conductor for the Boston Pops
"Banu Gibson and her band blend musicianship and showmanship in an irresistible brand of entertainment. I'm crazy about them."
- Leonard Maltin, film correspondent of Entertainment Tonight