- Studied piano in New York City with Modena Scovill Lane, wife of American composer Eastwood Lane.
- Graduated Indiana University with a Master ’s degree in classical performance - studying with Hans Graf in Indiana and Vienna, with James Tocco, and with British pianist John Ogdon.
- Moved to New Orleans in 1983
- Musical director for Banu Gibson and her band the New Orleans Hot Jazz.
- Performed in Beijing, Hong Kong, Japan, Paris, Berlin, Vienna, Oslo, London, and Australia.
- Appeared on Johnny Carson’s Tonight Show accompanying vocalist Leon Redbone.
- Musical director and pianist for the award winning documentary film Crumb.
- Played with legendary New Orleans clarinetist Pete Fountain at Casino Magic in Bay St. Louis, Mississippi.
- Was the musical director & pianist in Paris for Jerome Savary’s Looking for Josephine at the legendary Opera Comique. The show toured in France, Spain, Germany, Lebanon, and Belgium.