- Kris was born and raised just outside of New York City in East Rutherford, NJ.
- He grew up in a Hungarian-American household, where he was raised on classical music and Hungarian folk music.
- He has a bachelor’s degree from Berklee College of Music in Boston. He made regular trips into NYC to study with bebop master Barry Harris.
- In 2011 he moved to New Orleans. He completed his master’s degree at the University of New Orleans.
- Shortly after moving to New Orleans he embraced the early piano traditions of the city. His interest in Jelly Roll Morton, James P Johnson & Teddy Wilson combined with his bebop roots allowed him to develop an all encompassing voice of his own, deeply rooted in the jazz piano tradition.