- Lead alto saxophonist, who also doubles on tenor and soprano sax, clarinet, flute, alto flute and piccolo.
- Moved to New Orleans in 1975.
- Worked with The John Mahoney Big Band, The CAC Jazz Orchestra, the house orchestras at the Saenger Theatre, the Blue Room at The Fairmont Hotel.
- His recording credits include Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown, Ruth Brown, The Al Belletto Big Band, and recorded on two Cajun music records.
- A 1985 trip to Brazil infected him with a deep love for the country, its culture and its music. Since that time, Ray has worked at better understanding and performing the different musics of Brazil.
- Currently, Ray leads two significant projects centered on the idea of a New Orleans/Brazil connection. Based in New Orleans. Trio de Janeiro is a trio that plays a wide variety of Brazilian music, and in Brazil, Ray leads the quartet RiOrleans, composed of Rio residents. Their CD is called Paralelepípedo